Sunday 8 January 2017

New year new...me?

Firstly Happy New Year to everyone out there :) I hope the new year will be better than the last (or as good if you had a great 2016).
 

I don't believe in New Year's resolutions so haven't made any of those, however I have signed up for the 100 Day goal again. I realised that I never mentioned if I reached it last time, which I sort of did (I reached it a couple of days after the official 100 days had past but did indeed reach it). This time I have decided to work on my marketing skills as I am aware it's by far my weakest skill (read nonexistent). One issue is that the goal is supposed to be quantifiable (i.e I will sell this much or approach these many, or book these many etc)  and I can't think of a way to make me improving my marketing skill quantifiable? 

As a first step I have booked onto a Start Up show in London on Saturday which looks really interesting and is only £10. Some of the speakers cover marketing which is perfect. I must admit that I am quite excited.



Another update is that I have in fact moved and am currently renting a house with a friend at least until October this year. This place also has some attic space which I am using as a workroom and as I am finally back to working part time I am hoping this finally means I can focus on my jewellery.

So in answer to my title, definitely a new year but still the same old me, however currently maybe a bit less stressed than I was previously. Lets hope it stays that way!

No comments: