Friday 24 October 2008

When I grow up...

Right, it's time to start thinking about a job and I have decided I want to go for something I actually want. Problem is I don't know what that is, so I decided to go thru my mental list of every job I ever wanted and why I wanted it and see if that leads me anywhere.
And I have no idea why but I decided to do that on here! Not that I think it's all that interesting or anything but please just humour me.
When I was little all I wanted to be was a singer. I was dead intent on this until I was about 13 and my mother told me I was rubbish so I needed to come up with something else (my mother is not one to mince her words). Thing is I still sing, everyday all the time! And it says quite a lot about my now previous workmates that they never had me killed over this because I'm sure it's annoying as hell to listen to.
I did secretly keep dreaming about becoming a singer after my mothers harsh words but I did also come up with a plan B.
Plan B was that I wanted to be a journalist! And not just any kind but a war correspondent. The idea of reporting about a war somewhere whilst actually being there just strikes me as the perfect job. The thing is I grew up in Sweden and to get into journalist school I actually needed to have straight A's in every subject. Sad to say I didn't (nowhere close in fact).
So instead I went for travelling (which I've wanted to do since I was about 5) which is how I ended up here.
After doing some waitressing and stuff here, I started making jewellery and got a decent job as an admin clerk. I discovered that jewellery really was one of my passions in life and also that I was a natural at being an admin clerk.
One day I can hopefully live of being a jewellery designer but at the moment I can't so will need another job to. The thing is I think that even when I can be a jeweller full time I will need to do something else too because I enjoy being bossy and organized. So really what I want is a job where I get to tell people what to do and organise things.
Oh and I want to help. I mean I want to do something useful that actually helps someone so maybe so kind of charity work?
I'm thinking about moving again, maybe to another country this time and as I've already mentioned before I am thinking about travelling for awhile. It would be nice If I could afford to go around the world but it looks more like I might go for a couple of month and travel around America. Maybe I can just split it into parts and do America first?! Who knows!?
*Gah* this is not going anywhere! I don't know what I want to do! I want to make jewellery and travel and write and help people and organize paperwork and be the boss and oh so much stuff! Can't I just be leader of the world?! That would fill all criteria except for the jewellery one but I can do that in my spare time.
*sigh* there just isn't enough hours and years in a lifetime to get all the living I want done into it.

No comments: